The Bob Pfarr: Kenosha, WI
The un-racer's CCC guide to kicking ass at Bob Pfarr classic:
- Pack plenty of blankets for grassy hillside.
- Pack adequate snacks for everyone. Ever. Always.
- Accessorizing with friendly Golden Retrievers is not entirely necessary but comes highly recommended.
- Always put up some cash for a prime. It's 150 laps for chrissakes..
- Remember this is Wisconsin. Oat sodas are a must when mingling with the Romans.
- No matter your allegiances, cheer for every dude that does a 50 K track race.
- Keep track of points and laps on your own scorecard and share constantly.
- Mid-race Hot Shot Points from riders are ALWAYS worth $20.
- Force winners to drink beer out of their trophies... assuming they are old enough.
- Post-event trips to The Spot for homemade sodas and milkshakes comes recommended.
- Gas is cheaper up there. Get it.
- Go home pretending like you'll have the fitness to do it next year.