If you haven’t heard it from five of our mutual friends, here goes nothing: Why should you race Afterglow?
1. It’s a race, and you’re a racer. That should be enough.
2. You feel empty after State Champs and the ChiCross series.
3. It’s going to be in the 40s, and it’s in the city. Ride there and save the planet.
4. The Park District is letting us trash a small golf course. Wind it up on the fairway and catch air into the sand trap! You know you want to.
5. If it were any cheaper, it would be an alleycat.
6. There will be several coffee options, any of which would be the best coffee you’ve ever tasted at a bike race. You have multiple baristas competing for your love.
7. There will be two grown men racing over the fate of a stuffed tiger.
8. You get called up to the front row for donating food, and your team will win a trophy if you donate a lot.
9. Men and women get equal payouts (zero), but there will be sweet prizes.
10. All the money that we’d normally make on this race will be donated to West Town and Blackstone youth programs. They teach neighborhood kids to ride, wrench, race, and stay out of trouble, and they literally share bikes while most of you own five. Even if you can’t make it, go ahead and register and invent some BS about how you threw your back out chopping wood.
get yr pre-registration on here: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17636
(we will have a waiting list for the men’s 4′s)